This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my terms & conditions for more info.
One of the things that I am still yet to get use to since becoming a parent is the early mornings. I have never been a morning person and if at the age of 30 I’m still not a morning person then I’m pretty sure I never will be.
As a lot of parents do I have been dreading the lighter mornings as it means that the kiddies will be getting up even earlier than before so I started to look for a solution. We have already bought blackout blinds (which are still yet to be put up!) which I’m hoping will help but probably wouldn’t solve the problem completely.
My friend told me about this’ amazing’ clock that lights up when it’s time to get up so I thought I would look into that and after researching online I came across the Gro Clock.
“How do you get your children to understand when it’s time to get up? SIMPLE stay in bed until you see the sun!”
We got 2 clocks one for each of the children. They were really easy to set up and came with a cute story book that works with the clock.
Light Up Clock
You can set the time that you would like the children to get up, after this you then press a button and the count down to morning begins. The stars slowly disappear until the morning when the sun comes up again and the screen turns yellow. This is when the kids know it is time to get up.
The first night we used them I was eager to see how well it worked but unfortunately the kiddies had been pressing the buttons while they were in bed and had reset the getting up time! Not a good start!
When I consulted the information book I discovered that it had a function on the clock to combat this in the form of a lock so little fingers can’t mess around with it. For the second night I used this function and the next morning they both stayed in bed until the yellow sun appeared. Result!
- Glowing screen shows images of stars and sun to communicate ‘sleep’ and ‘wake-up’ time
- Includes fun bedtime story book
- Stars go out one-by-one during the night to show the passing of time
- Key-lock option
- Option to set two separate wake-up times (weekday/weekend or night-time/day-time nap)
- Adjustable screen brightness
- Silent operation
- Optional audible alarm feature
- Mains powered (adapter included)
- Suitable from age 2+ years
- Conforms to highest applicable British and European Standards
- Educational option of showing digital clock during the ‘stars to sun’ countdown
- “Mr Star” night time graphic
- Beautifully illustrated bedtime storybook
I am really happy with our Gro-clock, we now use them every night and have done for the last month. The kiddies have enjoyed staying in bed every morning watching until the sun comes up and I’ve managed to get a bit more sleep. It’s a win, win situation!
I would definitely recommend this product if your child is waking up too early.