I love our house! It is by far one of the prettiest houses that we have lived in and believe me we have lived in a few. It has loads of character and is located in a really lovely little village with views out over Dartmoor.
I love the fact that it is big enough to have lots of guest over, we managed to have 14 people to stay (comfortable) for Christmas last year. Although fitting everyone around the table was a bit of a squeeze.
It has a great little garden that is full of beautiful flowers and has just enough flat grass space for the kids to have their trampoline up.
However, after saying all of this there is one major problem with the house. It’s very, very old and with old comes damp and mould! Here’s a picture of our house (it was thatched then) in 1948 before it was extended.
Old Houses and Asthma
So anyway back to the damp problem, it is causing havoc with Henry’s asthma, apparently, it is a trigger for it. I think the only solution is to buy a dehumidifier which will help to reduce the damp and mould. We have always had problems with Henry and his allergies. Whether it be asthma or eczema but recently the asthma seems to have come back and now I’m really worried about how another winter in our house will affect him.
Do you have problems with asthma in your household? If so do you have any nifty electrical appliances that help to reduce attacks?