This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my terms & conditions for more info.
You may not realise it but your thoughts have a huge impact on your daily life. How many times have you woken up late in the morning after a bad night sleep and thought today is going to be hard. Then from the minute, you get up everything seems to go wrong.
You burn your toast then you can’t find your car keys. You get stuck in traffic and end up late to work. At lunchtime, you realise that you’ve left your wallet at home because you were rushing out the door. By the time you get home that evening you’ve had a really bad day!
Now imagine that you had woken up that morning and said to yourself I may be late but I’m not going to let it affect my day. You stretch, get up and get on with your day with a positive mindset. How do you think your day would work out with a start like that?
‘One small positive thought in the morning can change your entire day’
Related Post: 21 Rituals to Change your Life
What are Affirmations
The official definition for affirmations is… ‘the action or process of affirming something’. They are short positive sentences that you repeat to yourself on a regular basis to help change the way you think and feel.
How Affirmations can Help you
Affirmations are a way for you to be in control of your own thoughts. According to the National Science Foundation, we can have as many as 70,000 thoughts per day! Further to that around 80% of those thoughts are negative ones and 95% are the same repetitive thoughts that we had the day before.
That’s a lot of noise going on in your mind every day. Affirmations can help you to cut through the noise and focus your attention on one particular thought.
How we talk to ourselves, whether in our head or out loud has a direct effect on how we handle situations. If you go into a job interview thinking I’ll never get this job, I’m not good enough the chance is you won’t get that job.
Negative thoughts create negative energy and other people pick up on your energy.
‘What you think you become. What you feel you attract. What you imagine you create’ Buddha
By repeating positive affirmations or thoughts to yourself on a daily basis you are tricking your mind into believing what you are saying.
Try for one day to stop and pay attention to your thoughts. How many are negative? I bet it’s more than you think.
Related Post: Hypnosis for Stress Relief & Better Sleep
50 Affirmations that will Change your Life
Below are 50 affirmations that will change your life. I have broken them down in different areas of life so you can find the most relevant affirmations for your needs.
P.S. Don’t forget to grab your FREE print out at the bottom of this post!
Affirmations For life in General
1) I live a positive life and only attract the best into my life
2) I attract only good things into my life
3) I am making positive choices in my life
4) I will face whatever comes today with a positive attitude
5) I am grateful for everything I have in my life
Affirmations For happy relationships
6) I am attracting a loving and supporting soul mate
7) I have a wonderful partner who accepts me for who I am
8) I am surrounded by love
9) I support my partner unconditionally
10) Our relationship is getting stronger every day
Affirmations For Work
11) I believe in myself and my abilities
12) I see endless opportunities before me
13) I am the perfect person for the job
14) I am doing what I love and earning lots of money doing it
15) All my thoughts and actions are geared towards furthering my career
Affirmations for Fitness
16) Today I will honor my body through exercise
17) I am stronger than any excuse
18) I am perfectly healthy in mind, body, and spirit
19) I am achieving my weight loss goals
20) I enjoy my daily workout, it makes me feel alive
Affirmations for Money
21) My wallet is overflowing with money
22) Money flows freely into my life
23) I am a magnet for money
24) Attracting money is easy
25) I am focused on achieving wealth
Affirmations for Self-Confidence
26) I am beautiful
27) I am free from self-doubt and filled with confidence
28) I am enough
29) My happiness does not depend on others. I am in control of my happiness.
30) I love and accept myself just as I am
Affirmations for the Morning
31) Today will be a great day
32) My possibilities are endless
33) I am filled with love and happiness this morning
34) I’m starting this day feeling refreshed and full of energy
35) I choose to have a good day today
Affirmations for Anxiety
36) I am fully capable of managing any problems that come my way
37) I inhale confidence and exhale fears
38) I choose to not let my anxiety control me
39) I am safe and in control of my own body
40) Breathing in I calm my body, breathing out I smile
Affirmations for Depression
41) I am strong, I am confident, I am happy
42) I only allow healthy and positive thoughts into my mind
43) One day at a time. One moment at a time
44) Small steps lead to great things
45) I forgive myself
Affirmations for Bedtime
46) I release my stress from today
47) I am letting go of my problems and worries to have a restful nights sleep
48) I will wake up in the morning feeling refreshed
49) Tomorrow is another day and the chance to make a fresh start
50) I drift off now into a deep and undisturbed sleep
I hope you enjoyed this post. Have you ever tried using affirmations to change your thought pattern and improve your life? I’d love to hear which ones you use.
If you liked the affirmations listed above then why not get your FREE print out here!