This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my terms & conditions for more info.
This is a guest post by Emily from the blog Love Backyard.
Hair loss has become a major problem recently. Even the hair loses its posture, and the layer containing oils to maintain its shininess and its moisture gets damaged which ultimately make it look dull. Hair is regarded as one of the important assets of the body which enhances your appearance. Obviously, it is a big deal for women to see their hair falling.
The increase in hair loss has lead to a rise in things like prp hair treatment, a process that involves your own platelet rich plasma being injected into your scalp. Ouch!
Why does hair fall? Simply answer! Because of thinning; and there are various factors which contribute to this. The main reasons are a nutritional deficiency, usage of wrong hair products, allergies, hormonal imbalance, emotional or physical stress, heredity, and pollution.
And, which factors contribute towards getting your hair dull? Again the usage of bad hair products, nutritional deficiency, frequent use of natural hair dye, chlorine, continuous exposure to the sun, usage of hair heating tools and mainly stress.
I went through some similar problems and antibiotics made it worse. Finally, I found a list of home remedies to get my hair fine, strong and shiny and I am sharing that with you.
Related Post: 7 Months and No Shampoo
Home Remedies to Get Smooth, Shiny and Thicker Hair
Eggs are the best means for nourishment and to get shiny hair. It is a good source of lecithin, fatty acids, and protein. This will help you to get thicker, shinier hair by repairing it by adding moisture to the hair. So, how to do it?
- Mix one tablespoon of honey and olive oil along with one egg to make a paste. Or you can even mix ½ cup yoghurt, two eggs and two tablespoons of almond oil. Make a fine paste of any of the mixture and apply it to the scalp and damp areas.
- Let it get dry for thirty minutes and cover it with a shower cap.
- Wash this paste off your hair with cool water and mild shampoo.
Apple Cider Vinegar
It is one of the best hair conditioners to make your hair smooth and shiny. They are easily available at home and will help you to gain back the moisture in hair. It helped me, to pull all the residues out of my hair that was making them lifeless and dull. It will also help you to control itching in the scalp and extreme dandruff.
- Mix water and apple cider vinegar in equal amounts in a bowl or you can even mix lemon juice and two spoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water.
- Apply it to your scalp and massage it properly after washing your hair with shampoo.
- Allow it to get settled for a while and once you feel it has dried, rinse it thoroughly with cold water, and you are ready to go.
Though it has high viscosity and it would give you ‘ewe’ awkward feeling while applying it but trust me, it is the best natural solution for your problem. It is full of fatty acids and vitamin E and is the easiest way to get thicker and longer hair.
- Mix coconut and castor oil together and heat this mixture. Castor would have been too thick to apply alone.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and head, where ever you feel that you are getting bald from. Massage properly in circular rotations and then finally comb your hair. This will help you to distribute the oil equally throughout your head.
- Cover it with a towel which has been pre-moistened with warm water.
- Allow it to get settled for at least an hour and then you can shampoo it as you regularly do.
- Repeat this method once a week, and you will surely find your hair getting thicker and shiner very fast than ever.
Everyone knows the importance of carrot for good health. But did you knew, that carrots can also help you to stop hair fall and get shiny and thick hair? Will that carrot increase your hair growth? Well, it does. So, you may either store carrots for future use or prepare carrot oil out of it to get back your hair growth.
- What I did was, I took some carrots and grated it using a grater.
- After grating, I filled these carrots in a mason jar along with an oil i.e. Castor, olive or coconut oil. Then, I kept this jar of the mixture in the dark room for a week.
- Once the oil had turned into an orange, I removed the carrots and used as fertiliser in my garden and extracted the oil into a clean container.
- Now, you just have to apply this oil, once a week before you go for shampooing. You just have to keep oil for half an hour. This will increase your hair growth and reduce the hair breakage.
I hope I was able to help you. Well let me tell you a secret, I found carrot oil most effective and it increased my growth and got shiny hair. Just keep in mind, if you are going to use carrot oil, don’t forget to decompose carrots out of the mixture. If there is any suggestion, let me know and do leave your valuable reviews below. Don’t worry; you will regain your hair.
You may also like: 10 Natural Remedies for Sunburn + Natural Anti-Ageing Skin Remedies For New Age Rebels