This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my terms & conditions for more info.
I recently took part in a bedroom makeover project with Hillary’s. Everyone that took part was tasked with giving a makeover to one bedroom in their house We were each given specialist tips from interior stylist Joanna Thornhill and we all had a budget of £100.
I chose to makeover our master bedroom as we had literally just dumped our bed and wardrobes in it when we moved in and that was about it. The room was completely soulless and in dire need of some decorating.
Before Bedroom Makeover
After Bedroom Makeover
Having my thrifty head on I wanted to change as much as I possibly could but still sticking to the £100 budget. I spent ages searching around for the best deals. I was aiming for a boho/boutique type style. Do you think I’ve achieved it?
Here is a breakdown of my costs…
- Headboard £25 (second hand on Gumtree)
- Bedside Tables £10 (second hand on Gumtree) We upcycled them with some chalk paint that we had in the garage
- Bedside Mirrors £10 each from Dunelm Mill
- Bedside Lamps £17.99 each from The Range
- Brown Bed Valance £8.00 on Ebay
- The bed throw and cushion we already had in the cupboard which I bought with a birthday TKMaxx voucher a while ago.
Total Cost = £98.98
The final results of all of the other makeovers can be seen on Hillary’s website. There are 20 makeover projects in total and well worth a look.